Sunday 14 October 2012

Looking Ahead - busy times in view

Got a number of really busy months coming up in the Rotary calendar.

Firstly our charity, The Rotary Foundation, is changing the way it administers the grants it gives for charitable purposes from July next year.  In a move designed to keep the costs of administration down (less than 9%), a lot of work & responsibility is being devolved to the 538 Districts that make up Rotary International.  That in turn is changing some of the way in which Rotary clubs have to record their funds.  All of this has to be explained to the clubs and so we're running a series of nine workshops over the next few weeks to set out the changes.  As the person who'll be in the hot seat as District Governor from next July I feel it's my duty to support our District Foundation team as they make their way round the patch with these workshops so I'm going to as many as I can.

Then early next month Joan & I will be off to Amsterdam for a three day Training Session with all the other Governors-Elect in Northern Europe, followed by which I will be running a series of meetings with all the Presidents-Elect - all 63 of them - from the clubs in our District during the latter part of November, when I also have a weekend get together with the other 28 Governors Elect from Britain & Ireland.  Oh and the team who are running my conference will be off to Torquay for a weekend to check out the conference centre and local attractions so there's some meetings ahead of that to set the scene.

Of course I'm also continuing my perambulations around the clubs in the District that I have yet to visit - that's really rewarding for me - such great groups of people - welcoming everywhere.

And then we're into December and the run up to Xmas - my club will be out with our Santa float for 6 nights - which is always great fun.  And before you know it we'll be off to Rome for our Xmas cruise.

I shall do my best to keep up with how all this pans out.


No comments:

Post a Comment