Thursday 11 October 2012

Appalling length of time since last I wrote!

Feeling in need of a New Year to make a resolution to do better with my blog posts.  Almost two months since I last updated you- humble apologies!  Have something of an excuse - we've been away on holiday for nearly three weeks.

So where were we!  Last time I wrote we'd just been to a great day at the Olympics.  Like many others when the Olympics was over we felt bereft and, not having been to the Olympic Stadium we booked up for the opening ceremony of the Paralympics.  Magnificent spectacle - and not without its Rotary connections - standing next to a Rotarian from District 1260 (Bucks & Herts) in the queue - who is a friend of another 1260 Rotarian with whom I went to school - really small world stuff.  And then the tweets from fellow DGE from 1290 (Cornwall) who was very closely located within the stadium.

In the middle of August the Team from Elthorne-Hillingdon were back at the Mencap Jubilee Pool in Hillingdon for another round of physical labour, further extending our previous path-building efforts.  Entirely not the sort of things we normally do in a our day to day lives, but very enjoyable and ultimately worthwhile.
Furthering the Rotary theme, since I last wrote I've had the pleasure of being with the Rotary clubs of Marlow, Beaconsfield, Witney, Loddon Vale, Oxford Isis, Gerrards Cross and our now annual visit to Fort Myers South while we were on holiday in Florida.

This week I've started the tour with our District Rotary Foundation team explaining all the changes that are coming to the way in which our charity administers grants to worthy causes.  The team are covering our patch at nine separate events involving a couple of hundred or so willing volunteers.  What with that and a load of other Rotary events that are coming up, I shall try (again) to be a more frequent blogger.  I do, however, continue to tweet - follow me on Twitter @JohnCGreening for more concise messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment