Sunday 4 August 2013

Week 5 – What’s the Beef?



Club Visits since July 1                                                  14
Rotary Engagements since July 1                                    41
Official Club Visits with Chicken since July 1                   0!!

Or more correctly, where’s the chicken?  One of the things that people say about Rotary meetings is that chicken is always on the menu.  Far from the truth!! I suddenly woke up this week to the fact that I’ve not been served chicken at any of the 14 Official Club Visits I’ve made this year.  I shall now be keeping the Chicken Meal count up to date each week.

I guess I should have expected that the year as DG would be pretty full on!  Earlier this week someone commented to me that it must be like having a full-time job; my response was that when I was working full-time I only worked 5 days a week.  But seriously I wonder how some of my DG colleagues who are still working cope.
Monday saw me off to RC Chipping Norton – close to as far West in the District as it gets and pretty much as far away as any club from my home.  I’m very lucky though, that it only takes less than 1.5 hours to get there.  Probably best to describe “Chippy” as being in the best of rude health led by President Geoffrey (who’s celebrating his 50th year in Rotary this year).  All up for a lively discussion on the structure of Rotary in these islands & beyond!

 

Tuesday – RC Bicester – super attendance of almost 90% of members from a relatively small club with ambitions to regenerate itself.  Led by President Jolanta this year and features some great characters.




Had a very positive meeting on Wednesday with an organisation that is interested in talking about working with Rotary to our mutual advantage – be interesting to see how this develops over the coming months.

Thursday at RC Burnham Beeches.  Another great visit to a club that is keeping itself really busy – looking forward to being with President Neil when they charter their next Interact club in the very near future & good luck with the upcoming Burnham Beeches 10K.

Interesting official visit with our Oxford International e-Club on Saturday.  It’s kind of  weird having a meeting with Rotarians via online chat – don’t know why that would be, it always worked fine for me where “work” was concerned.  However, looking forward to the club developing during the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment